Information for students writing diploma work – studies in English
Please get acquainted with the following documents:
- The regulation introducing the rules of anti-plagiarism procedure (download) - appendix 1
- Rules for anti-plagiarism procedure at Polish-Japanese Academy of Information Technology (download) - appendix 2
A diploma work should have the title page following with the pre-set official template (download) - appendix 3
The title page should follow the template downloadable from the website of PJAIT Library, the second page of dissertations written in language other than Polish is reserved for the Polish title (download). The work should contain the abstract in English and the summary in Polish, 3 000 – 5 000 characters with spacing, each. The body of the dissertation should be preceded by the table of contents and broken into logical chapters and subchapters - appendix 4
Rules for external reviews (download) - appendix 5
Before diploma's defense it is required to submit the set of documents (listed below) to the Library:
- 1printed copy of the diploma work in hard cover - the final version of the thesis,
- 1 copy of the work in the electronic form (CD or DVD), allowed formats PDF, DOC, DOCX, ODT (it is advisable to use at least two different formats). The carrier should contain the whole work, with additional applications and be placed in a paper or plastic envelope attached to the cover of the printed version of work. It should be signed by all 3 supervisors,
- A signed declaration of the author and the supervisor.
The above documents need to be submitted together. The version of the diploma work should be final.
The Plagiat.pl system guarantees that the thesis will be checked within a maximum of 7 days from the date of the introduction of the work into the system.
The report results will be included in the ”Application for the right to take the diploma examination”, the so-called ”obiegówka”.
The Library will not lend diploma works for the time of diploma examinations.
The following need to be submitted to the Dean’s Office (Dziekanat) - Please note that the deadlines are set by the Dean of the Faculty of New Media Arts:
- diploma form
- 1 copy of diploma work in the electronic version (CD or DVD) signed by all 3 supervisors
- Diploma work review/assessment (download) - appendix 6
- Technical consultations schedule (download) - appendix 7
- Declaration that the work was written by the student (download) - appendix 8
- Declaration of the student and the supervisor (download) - appendix 9
- Declaration of the diploma work supervisor regarding the student's right to take the diploma examination (if the similarity coefficient is equal/higher than 30%) (download) - appendix10
- Assessment for external reviewer (download) - appendix 11
After your thesis defence:
- please submit a declaration form regarding which choice of free transcripts is to be provided to the graduate
THIS DECLARATION IS BINDING FROM THE MOMENT OF SUBMISSION
(a declaration form can be collected from the Dean’s office or downloaded here)
PJAIT provides graduates with three free sets of documents (diploma and supplement):
1x original in Polish + 2x transcripts in Polish or
1x original in Polish + 1x transcript in Polish + 1x transcript in English
- please submit 4 photographs with your declaration (4.5cm x 6.5 cm)
Information regarding the collection status of your diploma (and/or transcript in English) will appear on your PJAIT profile (after logging in to the Web-Dziekanat, click on the Course of Studies tab) – this is available for graduates from 2016/2017 and later.
You are requested to return your student ID card when collecting your diploma.
In order to receive an additional transcript (no more than 3 copies) in English, please submit the following to the Dean’s Office within 30 days of your thesis defence:
- application form (available from the Dean’s Office or here)
- a translation of your thesis title verified by your thesis supervisor
- additional photographs (identical with the Polish copy, the number of additional copies corresponding with the number of proposed transcripts)
- proof of payment (40 PLN for one set)
Please read the list of questions for the diploma examination at the Faculty of New Media Arts, 1st degree studies.